Welcome, and thank you for your interest in working at Georgia Institute of Technology! According to the 2014 Georgia Tech Fact Book, here are a few things to know about our faculty community:
- The total number of faculty members (including full-time, administrative, on-leave, part-time, and temporary) is 1,117.
- About 71 percent are tenured.
- 94 percent have earned a Ph.D.
- About 24 percent are women.
- More than 200 faculty members hold named chair or professorships.
And according to President G.P. "Bud" Peterson's 2014 Institute Address, over the past five years:
- Young faculty have received 73 National Science Foundation CAREER Awards.
- The number of women tenured/tenure-track faculty has increased by 17 percent, going from 180 to 211.
- $14.2 million has been used to create 122 new tenured/tenure-track faculty positions.