Here is a list of reappointment, promotion, and tenure (RPT) contacts within each college who are available to answer specific questions related to the process:
College of Design
College of Computing
Beki Grinter or Marcus Johnson
College of Engineering
Kim Kurtis or Terri Lee
College of Sciences
Matt Baker or Erin Nagle
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
Richard Utz or Will Jimerson
Scheller College of Business
These additional resources will also help you navigate the RPT process at Georgia Tech:
- CV Templates. The following standard RPT CV formats are required by the Institute. Please note that colleges/units may have additional or specific requirements beyond those listed here. Any faculty member going through the RPT process should contact his/her college or unit before beginning to format or reformat his/her CV.
- CV Format - Tenure Track (.docx) Please note that changes were made to this document in 2017.
- CV Format - Academic Professional (.docx)
- CV Format - Lecturer (.docx)
- CV Format - Research Faculty CV Guidance Document and CV Template (.docx)
- Student Success Activities Guidance Document, November 2022 (.pdf)
- CIOS Scores Table (.xlsx). Scores for the Course Instructor Opinion Survey.
- CIOS Normative Data from 2001-Present
- Teaching Portfolio Guidelines (.pdf)
- COVID-19 Impact-- All candidates are required to submit a COVID Impact Statement. That statement can be up to 2 pages long or can be as short as one sentence stating that the candidate experienced no impacts. COVID Impact Statements are to be uploaded to the additional documents section in PROMOTE, where they are not released to external reviewers.
- 04/17/2020 Memo from Provost Bras (.pdf)
- 12/07/2020 Memo from Provost McLaughlin (.pdf)
- Covid-19 Impact FAQs (.pdf) (updated July 13, 2021)
- Guidance for RPT Candidates and Evaluators (August 8, 2021)
Tenure-Track Academic Faculty Promotion & Tenure
- Message from Provost McLaughlin on the Periodic Peer Review Process - 10/13/2021 (.pdf)
- Faculty Handbook Section on Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty. Information about Georgia Tech's policies regarding tenure can be found in this section of the handbook.
- Guidance on the Promotion and Tenure Process (.pdf) - updated 04-25-2022
- Extension of the Probationary Period Request Form (.pdf). Full-time faculty wishing to request an extension to the probationary period for tenure under the conditions outlined in the Faculty Handbook Section 3.3.5 should complete this form and submit it to the appropriate Unit Head (Dean/Chair) who will review the request.
- College of Engineering RPT Resources. The College of Engineering has put together a host of RPT resources that are helpful to faculty in engineering and Georgia Tech's other colleges.
- 2023 Promotion & Tenure Workshop for Tenure-Track Faculty -- video recording and slide deck (pdf)
- 2022 Promotion & Tenure Workshop for Tenure-Track Faculty -- video recording and slide deck (.pdf)
Non-Tenure Track Academic Faculty Promotion
- Faculty Handbook Section on Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Memo from the Vice Provost on Non-Tenure Track Academic Faculty Promotion Process (.pdf)
- Teaching Portfolio Guidelines (.pdf)
- Academic Non-Tenure Track Promotion Workshops
- 2019-20 Promotion Workshop for Academic Professionals and Lecturers -- video recording and slide deck (.pdf)
- 2021 Academic Professional Promotion Candidate Workshop -- video recording and slide deck (.pdf)
- 2021 Lecturer Promotion Candidate Workshop -- video recording and slide deck (.pdf)
- 2022 Promotion Workshop for Academic Professionals - video recording and slide deck
- 2022 Promotion Workshop for Lecturers - video recording and slide deck
- 2023 Promotion Workshop for Academic Professionals and Lecturers - video recording and slide deck (pdf)
Research Faculty Promotion
- Research Faculty Promotion Guidelines and Process
- Research Faculty Promotion Package Guidance
- GTRI WebWISE Research Faculty Promotion Resources (CV template available)
- 2021 Research Faculty Promotion Candidate Workshop — video recording and slide deck (.pdf)