Georgia Tech is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Grading requests (Banner/OSCAR access) are granted to authorized instructional faculty of Georgia Tech whose credentials meet the standards of SACS-COC, whose original transcripts are on file with the Office of Faculty Affairs, and who has signed a FERPA Acknowledgement Form.
Once the official transcript has been submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs, a departmental representative may request Banner instructor access by completing the Banner Access Request Form and uploading the signed FERPA Acknowledgement Form. Documents should have an original signature or secure electronic signature. The Office of Faculty Affairs is located in Suite 001 of Tech Tower. The campus mail code is 0742. Regarding transcripts, please note the following guidelines:
- All official transcripts must be issued to the Office of Faculty Affairs or a department representative. Transcripts issued to the student must be submitted to the department representative in an official sealed envelope.
- Secure, certified electronic transcripts may be issued to OFA-Transcripts@gatech.edu.
- Once the seal on the envelope is broken by a departmental representative, s/he should sign and date the transcript's first page.
- For non-US institutions, a foreign credential evaluation must be provided in addition to the degree documents. For university systems in which English language transcripts are not available, please submit a copy of the diploma or foreign language transcript accompanied by a report from a professional credential evaluation service (from a AICE or NACE member organization). A credential evaluation service is not the same as a translation service; contact your local administrator for suggestions.
- For employees who hold joint appointments with Emory or another University System of Georgia institution, Faculty Affairs will accept a copy of the credentialing file from the other institution.
- For employees of Georgia Tech - Lorraine, Faculty Affairs will accept a copy of the credentialing information on file at GTL if clearly comprehensible by Faculty Affairs Staff.
- For Georgia Tech degrees and Graduate Student Teaching Assistant instructor requests, the unit may submit the "Advisor Transcript" generated securely via GT Reports-GTAAD.
For questions related to transcripts or Banner access, please contact Faculty Affairs.
Some content on this page is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software.
- PDF Documents: Get Adobe® Reader®