Ensuring the well being of our students is a top priority at Georgia Tech.
Here's a brief video that shares the resources the Institute offers to support the mental health of our students. Also, if you sense that a student is distressed, the Counseling Center and Office of the Dean of Students suggest taking the following steps:
- Talk to the student privately.
- Listen and be supportive.
- Maintain clear boundaries and be honest.
- Express your concerns and offer to help.
- Call the Counseling Center if you are concerned.
- Refer the student and follow up with the student.
For more specific information on helping a student: