Step-by-step instructions for posting and filling research positions:
- Determine the appropriate faculty rank category.
- Refer to the Minimum Requirements for Research Faculty Hiring by Rank.
- Post the position via the Careers module in OneUSG Connect.
- The hiring department is responsible for posting the position for at least five business days via Careers.
- Additional postings may be completed using a third party site(s) using the Job Posting URL in the Careers opening.
- Complete the GT-TRACS hiring package.
- Once a candidate is selected, complete the hiring package.
- All packages should be routed through GT-TRACS.
- The hiring package is reviewed and approved by the office of Faculty Affairs.
- Once the hiring package is approved, offer the position to the candidate.
- The office of Faculty Affairs will review the hiring package. GT-TRACS will send an approval notice through the system. The approval date will serve as the effective date for the package.
- Submit the hire transaction in OneUSG Connect.
- Prepare the formal offer letter and contact the candidate.
- All signed, executed offer letters should be uploaded to the GT-TRACS hiring package.