DELIVERING OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS TO FACULTY AFFAIRS
- Submit official transcript(s) for the faculty member to:
Office of Faculty Affairs
Georgia Institute of Technology
A. French Building, Suite 111
237 Uncle Heinie Way
Atlanta, GA 30332-0740
GT Campus Mail Code: 0740
Guidelines set forth by Academic Faculty Affairs for accepting/submitting official transcripts:
- All official transcripts must be issued to a department representative, and not to the student. Transcripts issued to the student are never considered to be official, under any circumstances.
- Once the seal on an envelope is broken, the departmental representative shall sign and date the transcript’s first page.
- Secure, certified electronic transcripts may be issued to OFA-Transcripts@gatech.edu. All other secure, electronic transcripts sent to a department respentative must be printed out, signed and dated by the person requesting them, and sent to Faculty Affairs (MC 0742).
- For non-US institutions, a foreign credential evaluation must be provided in addition to the degree documents. For university systems in which English language transcripts are not available, please submit a copy of the diploma or foreign language transcript accompanied by a report from a professional credential evaluation service (from a AICE or NACE member organization). A credential evaluation service is not the same as a translation service; contact your local administrator for suggestions.
- Please note that it is only required to submit a transcript from the school where the highest degree was earned.
- A candidate can also submit an official transcript or an official letter from the Registrar's office of the institution if they have completed all of the requirements for the degree (coursework, defense, final dissertation submitted, etc.), but the degree has not yet been formally conferred. In this case, the candidate must provide evidence that all of the degree requirements have been met, along with a date of graduation. In all cases, the final, official transcript must be on file once the degree has been awarded.